Re: [LUG] OT Digital TV

Brad Rogers wrote:

> Either way, the upshot is a cruddy picture which, ironically, was more
> likely to be viewable with an analogue TV signal because that would just
> "snow" the picture, rather than cause bloody great chunks to disappear
> completely.   :-(

This is why I was pondering sorting our cable mess, since it has too
many joins, cheap quality fly leads.

The Digital providers claim most of the interference is picked up in the
antenna leads. I'm guessing any point where the shielding doesn't work
properly.

Till we get completely switched to Digital in an area probably not worth
worrying about, as the increased broadcast power after switch over may
resolve the issue sufficiently.

But ultimately Digital TV will give a worse picture quality (if you had
an excellent picture before). It also will result in increased
electricity consumption decoding all those digital signals. The upside
if you get more channels. It is a broadcast technology, driven by the
broadcasters, I suspect if the viewers had the downsides explained to
them early on they would have said "why bother?".

I think I'm getting interference between my remote controls in the
infra-red as well - sigh - fortunately the remote control settings are
programmable to address this.