[LUG] Giving away copies of Ubuntu & OpenDisc on Freecycle

Hi folks,

I'm a member of the Torbay & South Devon Freecycle list and I noticed
recently there has been a request from someone for a Windows XP Disc &
license key.  Now I have the feeling that they have not much chance of
getting XP unless someone is willing to give away a retail boxed copy
(these are the only ones where the licence is transferable to another
machine).

Now I was thinking, would it be okay to give away some Ubuntu & OpenDisc
CDs on Freecycle?

What I'd like to do is promote the LUG and maybe offer a free install of
Ubuntu to anyone who is interested but I have a feeling that'll be
against the terms and conditions.  Just wondered if anyone had any
thoughts on this as from what I understand there are over 4000 people on
the Freecycle list for Torbay and South Devon alone and I'm sure a few
of those might be interested.

Rob