Re: [LUG] OT: [Fwd: Gurkha Justice Campaign update from Joanna Lumley]

Clare Shepherd wrote:
> On 29 Apr 2009, at 09:59, Steph Foster wrote:
>

>> You are preaching to the choir there hon.
>>
>> But it isnt just the Gurkhas, the Govt pretty much treats a lot of ex
>> service persons disgracefully.
>>
>> Just slung on to the rubbish heap without so much as a thank you or
>> any
>> after care.
>>
>> I agree about the comment re the police too. I'm tempted to have a t
>> shirt made up with the quote that one person said after G20
>>
>> "The police need to remember that they are servants, not masters of
>> the
>> people."
>>
>> I believe George Orwell's pigeons are coming home to roost !
>>
>> Steph

I am sure many exPats feel the same too, e.g  even people with British
passports trying to leave places such as Zimbabwe, where their lives are
at risk,  have been denied entry,

on the other hand if you are a terrorist, then the government will
welcome you with open arms, if you are a rapist, murderer or paedophile
(gary glitter) the doors to this country are wide open, thanks to the
Human rights act,  or other acts of parliment or EU Law, come here and
kill someone and you can still stay, as it could breach human rights law
to deport you,  no taking in to account the victims feelings.

All you need to do get here easily is to commit a crime over seas,
arrive at our borders, and claim you will be tortured or executed if
sent home and voila , you get a house, benefits and legal aid, if what
you are given is not to your liking.

Ok i get the impression that is what happens but it seems that there are
some genuine people out there who have been denied a visa when they want
to work, pay taxes, and contribute to our society,  where as someone who
does not is allowed to stay.  crazy country we live in.

Paul

>> --
>

> Steph is absolutely right. My ex-Naval father (16 years before,lift
> during and after WWII) received not in his Admiralty medical notes
> that as the result of an explosion on a frigate, induced by a U-boat
> torpedo, he had back damage and shouldn't lift heavy weights.
> Subsequently he carried on being a P.O in charge of guns and later
> taught & demonstrated unarmed combat to new recruits. He subsequently
> left the navy and was rated Ai in health at demob. He went on to own
> a company building agricultural steel barns etc. As it was a small
> business he was hands on, but suffered back problems. It was only on
> retirement that his GP, an ex -navy doctor got his naval records from
> the Admiralty. This is just a small example of the lies and cheating
> dished out by successive Governments and the MOD to our fighting men.
>
> Clare
> Clare

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net
Support Open and ISO standard file formats ISO 26300 odf
http://www.odfalliance.org
Next Linux User Group meet :Saturday ** May 9th ** : 3pm,  Shoreline
Cafe Paignton
Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope - Launched April 23rd, 2009