Re: [LUG] FF3.5 beta 4

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Tom Potts wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 April 2009 15:00, Gordon Henderson wrote:
>> On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Tom Potts wrote:
>>> Just been playing with the new FF with the JIT javascript compiler - you
>>> can install the beta without upsetting your original - and its appears to
>>> be very fast on javascript!
>>> I've got a javascript editor written in javascript that no longer works
>>> under it and as it breaks both FireBug and Venkman I cant tell whether
>>> its my code or the new JIT (yet)!
>>> If you have some JS heavy stuff you might want to give it a go though....
>>
>> Does the user-agent switcher plugin work with it? It doesn't work with the
>> 3.6 I'm using, so stops me getting my prat west bank )-:
>>
>> Gordon
> It loads OK - got nothing easy to test it on - might do a bit of php later
>
> 3.6??

Mozilla Minefield. Been playing with it on & off for a while. Seems OK,
but none of the good plugins work. (and the important one being the user
agent switcher so I can get to my online banking - the bankers at prat
west seem to think Linux doesn't exist - however they do allow firefox
under XP, so I set the agent to that to login)

It's faster on wordpress edits - the standard firefox that comes with
Debian is excruciatingly slow in the wordpress dashboard.

Gordon