Re: [LUG] OT: [Fwd: Gurkha Justice Campaign update from Joanna Lumley]

Clare Shepherd wrote:
> On 29 Apr 2009, at 02:11, Julian Hall wrote:
>

> I agree with Joanna Lumley, this treatment of the Gurkha soldiers. My
> grandfather faught alongside Gurkhas during WWI, and believed they
> were some of the fiercest, loyal and brave troops we had. Does their
> loyal service over many generations count for naught with this
> government. it's a public disgrace, and shames us all. However, since
> we have a Government that doesn't trust UK subjects, spies on our
> digital communications and allows our police to ill-treat peaceful
> demonstrators, what makes us think that they'd treat the Gurkhas
> fairly. I'm beginning to think that fairness isn't in their vocabulary.
>

> Clare

You are preaching to the choir there hon.

But it isnt just the Gurkhas, the Govt pretty much treats a lot of ex
service persons disgracefully.

Just slung on to the rubbish heap without so much as a thank you or any
after care.

I agree about the comment re the police too. I'm tempted to have a t
shirt made up with the quote that one person said after G20

"The police need to remember that they are servants, not masters of the
people."

I believe George Orwell's pigeons are coming home to roost !

Steph