Re: [LUG] OT: [Fwd: Gurkha Justice Campaign update from Joanna Lumley]

On 29 Apr 2009, at 09:59, Steph Foster wrote:

> You are preaching to the choir there hon.
>
> But it isnt just the Gurkhas, the Govt pretty much treats a lot of ex
> service persons disgracefully.
>
> Just slung on to the rubbish heap without so much as a thank you or
> any
> after care.
>
> I agree about the comment re the police too. I'm tempted to have a t
> shirt made up with the quote that one person said after G20
>
> "The police need to remember that they are servants, not masters of
> the
> people."
>
> I believe George Orwell's pigeons are coming home to roost !
>
> Steph
>

> --

Steph is absolutely right. My ex-Naval father (16 years before,lift
during and after WWII) received not in his Admiralty medical notes
that as the result of an explosion on a frigate, induced by a U-boat
torpedo, he had back damage and shouldn't lift heavy weights.
Subsequently he carried on being a P.O in charge of guns and later
taught & demonstrated unarmed combat to new recruits. He subsequently
left the navy and was rated Ai in health at demob. He went on to own
a company building agricultural steel barns etc. As it was a small
business he was hands on, but suffered back problems. It was only on
retirement that his GP, an ex -navy doctor got his naval records from
the Admiralty. This is just a small example of the lies and cheating
dished out by successive Governments and the MOD to our fighting men.

Clare
Clare