Re: [LUG] OT: [Fwd: Gurkha Justice Campaign update from Joanna Lumley]

On 29 Apr 2009, at 02:11, Julian Hall wrote:

I agree with Joanna Lumley, this treatment of the Gurkha soldiers. My
grandfather faught alongside Gurkhas during WWI, and believed they
were some of the fiercest, loyal and brave troops we had. Does their
loyal service over many generations count for naught with this
government. it's a public disgrace, and shames us all. However, since
we have a Government that doesn't trust UK subjects, spies on our
digital communications and allows our police to ill-treat peaceful
demonstrators, what makes us think that they'd treat the Gurkhas
fairly. I'm beginning to think that fairness isn't in their vocabulary.

Clare