Re: [LUG] OT: [Fwd: Gurkha Justice Campaign update from Joanna Lumley]

On Wednesday 29 April 2009 08:49, Clare Shepherd wrote:
> On 29 Apr 2009, at 02:11, Julian Hall wrote:
>

> I agree with Joanna Lumley, this treatment of the Gurkha soldiers. My
> grandfather faught alongside Gurkhas during WWI, and believed they
> were some of the fiercest, loyal and brave troops we had. Does their
> loyal service over many generations count for naught with this
> government. it's a public disgrace, and shames us all. However, since
> we have a Government that doesn't trust UK subjects, spies on our
> digital communications and allows our police to ill-treat peaceful
> demonstrators, what makes us think that they'd treat the Gurkhas
> fairly. I'm beginning to think that fairness isn't in their vocabulary.
>

> Clare
Personally I think the whole thing stinks - but its not just this government
it seems to be a recurring theme by ALL. I've been on peacefull demos that
the police have managed to turn into riots by charging the crowds until they
loose it - and that was in the 80's - its only now we have digital cameras
and the internet that the whole sorry media/business/politics tyranny is
coming under the spotlight people can see whats happening.
Tom te tom te tom