Re: [LUG] Linux in the Independent today (weds)

2009/3/27 Richard Brown <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> This sums up the stupidity of the article for me:
> "I'm training to be a teacher and am on a tight budget at the moment,
> so free software should be really attractive to me, but I'm just too
> heavily reliant on Microsoft Office and Windows to consider switching
> operating systems. I use Word and PowerPoint on a regular basis"
>
> I'm on a tight budget at the moment so I bought MS Office. What a
> prat! Sorry but I meet this to often to realise that with this article
> and many others there is no intention to move. I offer folks a copy of
> Open Office which works as well as or even better that MS Office and
> certainly quicker than the current version.... and of course it is
> free - tight budget!!! I've been on tight budgets!

I'm not sure what exactly he could require from MS Office as a trainee teacher.

It's not like he's going to have a load of custom macros and vb that
he wrote himself.

I'm guessing it's a case of 'Office was hard to learn, I dont want to
go through that again'.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk