Re: [LUG] OT-DVD from USA

On Tuesday 24 March 2009 19:18, John Hansen wrote:
> My wife who went to school in Maryland has received a DVD with school
> photos and films compiled by a friend. We have tried seeing it on our TV
> via a DVDplayer and on my PC (Windows XP) but without any success. I see
> Nero offers a solution at £59.99 and wonder if there is another way to run
> the DVD. Any suggestions welcome.
>

> John W Hansen
Your UK/European box wont play it - Zone resrictions
XP wont - Zone restrictions
Zone restrictions are there so MM companies can charge UK customers twice as
much as their american counterparts!!
Should they exist??
Should they exist for private media? No!
Try your Linux Box - VLC /MediaPlayer should be able to 'get round' them.
Tom te tom te tom