Re: [LUG] Linux in the Independent today (weds)

Hi Guys

2009/3/25 Anthony Lane <anthonylane13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Thought you all may like to see the article on linux in todays Independent.
> http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/is-there-life-after-windows-1653198.html

This sums up the stupidity of the article for me:
"I'm training to be a teacher and am on a tight budget at the moment,
so free software should be really attractive to me, but I'm just too
heavily reliant on Microsoft Office and Windows to consider switching
operating systems. I use Word and PowerPoint on a regular basis"

I'm on a tight budget at the moment so I bought MS Office. What a
prat! Sorry but I meet this to often to realise that with this article
and many others there is no intention to move. I offer folks a copy of
Open Office which works as well as or even better that MS Office and
certainly quicker than the current version.... and of course it is
free - tight budget!!! I've been on tight budgets!
--
Kind regards
Rich