Re: [LUG] Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference -- now available

On 28/01/2009 13:58, John Hansen wrote:
> Rob Beard wrote:

>>> +1
>>>
>>> Plus I'd like a couple "just in case"
>>>
>>> Steve
>>>

>> Great.  Well I've had a reply.  It looks like the minimum bulk order is
>> 10 copies.  Keir (the author) said that he gets them shipped over from
>> the US at cost price and the biggest part of the cost is the postage.
>> If I can get 10 people interested I'll drop him another e-mail asking if
>> he can get some prices.
>>
>> I'm going to ask a couple of my clients if they'd be interested in one
>> or two copies, I might also be able to interest the Exwick Community
>> Centre too as they're going to be running Ubuntu on their new LTSP
>> server so maybe 2 or 3 copies for them might come in useful.
>>
>> With regards to putting the PDF on the OpenDisc, he said it's fine so
>> I'll pop it on there too.  He also asked if rather than hosting a local
>> copy of the PDF on a web site if we could link back to his site instead
>> (in case anyone wants to provide links on their sites).
>>
>> Rob
>>

> There is also the possibility to print out the PDF file and then
> photocopy as many copies as
> required provided you can find a cheap copier ;-)
> There are a total of 165 pages to print and copy!
>

> John

The only problem with that is that it goes against the copyright (I
didn't see that until I read the website FAQs).

Not to mention copying 165 pages is a whole load of hassle.  Printing
them isn't too bad but since the book is fairly cheap anyway I think I'd
just stump up the cash and buy a copy.

Rob