Re: [LUG] Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference -- now available

On 28/01/2009 12:04, Steve Lee wrote:
> 2009/1/28 Paul Sutton<zleap@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> Sounds a good plan,
>>

> +1
>
> Plus I'd like a couple "just in case"
>
> Steve

Great.  Well I've had a reply.  It looks like the minimum bulk order is
10 copies.  Keir (the author) said that he gets them shipped over from
the US at cost price and the biggest part of the cost is the postage.
If I can get 10 people interested I'll drop him another e-mail asking if
he can get some prices.

I'm going to ask a couple of my clients if they'd be interested in one
or two copies, I might also be able to interest the Exwick Community
Centre too as they're going to be running Ubuntu on their new LTSP
server so maybe 2 or 3 copies for them might come in useful.

With regards to putting the PDF on the OpenDisc, he said it's fine so
I'll pop it on there too.  He also asked if rather than hosting a local
copy of the PDF on a web site if we could link back to his site instead
(in case anyone wants to provide links on their sites).

Rob