Re: [LUG] apt-getting apps from newer repos?

2008/12/16 Grant Sewell <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I realise this... but my question revolves around trying to install a
> newer version of network-manager and network-manager-gnome...

You could of course compile it from source, thus negating the need to
upgrade half your system. You can try the upgrade to 8.10 again and we
can help you get through any issues you encounter?

The big problem with compiling from source, using out-of-line repos or
manually installing packages is that you're no longer getting
automatic security updates.

What exactly was the problem with upgrading to 8.10?

Cheers,
Al.