Re: [LUG] Help Please - Small Distro Wanted

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 18:42:19 +0000
james kilty <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 18:00 +0000, David Bell wrote:
>
> > I have just added LXDE to Xubuntu,

> I notice that  http://lxde.org/ has a Live USB download - I have not
> done this before - do I just unzip to an empty usb?

James

If I understand you, there's no need for that, just add the following
to your synaptic repositories:

For Hardy Users:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/lxde/ubuntu hardy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/lxde/ubuntu hardy main

Then do an update and you will find the LXDE packages to install in the
"New in Repository" section.  Reboot afterwards and select LXDE when
you log in.

> I also see that Firefox mangles the web page but konqueror shows the
> whole sequence of pictures - all at once all over the Firefox page. It
> has flash 9 installed (Ubuntu 8.04). Is there anything I can do to get
> it to display correctly in FF?

i can't think why this is happening, I am using FF in 8.04 Xubuntu and
it is displaying the page correctly.

David

--
W.  Devon