Re: [LUG] Help Please - Small Distro Wanted

Grant Sewell wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> You said that Xubuntu installs and works well, just that it's still a
> little too big. Have you thought about trimming it down rather than
> looking for another distro?
>
> Grant.

How about something based on the LXDE desktop environment.

Ubuntu Lite is listed.  Not an easy install (you need to install a
minimal text install and then run some scripts) but it might be an option.

Either that or maybe a base install of Debian with LXDE on top?

I'm going to give these a try on my low power laptop which was also
struggling with Xubuntu.

Rob