Re: [LUG] Netgear routers - local DNS

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 09:51:19 +0000
Simon Robert <simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

> I don't know much about this stuff either, so I maybe barking up the
> wrong tree on the wrong planet... I don't really understand why the
> option to automatically use the ISP's DNS server isn't OK for you. For

It is now, but in the past, my ISP (an EntaNet reseller) suggested using
OpenDNS.  Since that time, my ISP has introduced a better DNS setup
themselves.

> help panel has a free service option. (My router is netgear DG834G).

Ah, have you noticed that the latest firmware update corrects the clock
issues that NetGear have been denying exist for the past three or four
years.

> Is this the sort of thing that helps? Sorry if my tree is in the wrong
> forest.

It would help, I'm sure, but isn't applicable to my circumstances.  So,
I suppose, you were barking up the wrong tree.   :-)

Thanks for the info,though.  It'll be filed for future reference.

--
 Regards  _

It couldn't adapt so it couldn't survive
The Great British Mistake - The Adverts