Re: [LUG] Netgear routers - local DNS

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 12:20:04 +0000
Simon Williams <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

>  From what I can gather, the DNS "server" on Netgear's routers is just
> a forwarder- there doesn't appear to be any link between it's DNS and

I'm not sure I understand what you mean there.  From the router's
settings page, it looks to me as though it will do DNS look ups from any
IP you specify, so long as there's a server there.  So, setting up a
server on a local IP, and pointing the router to it should work.  Or am
I barking up the wrong tree?

As you can probably tell, I don't know a great deal about this sort of
thing.

--
 Regards  _

When I say ugly, I don't mean rough looking, I mean hideous
Ugly - The Stranglers