[LUG] Netgear routers - local DNS

Hello everyone.

I bought a Netgear router a while back so that I could connect several
computers to my uni network (some of you might remember my hassle trying
to find one which had a full LAN speed "internet" port. Well, it sucked,
but was the best I could find).

I never did manage to get it to do local DNS, but I was being lazy and
put it down to a misconfiguration on my part. However, we've now got
another netgear (wireless) router with virgin cable. And I can't get
this one to do local DNS either.

Google suggests that Netgears routers aren't actually capable of doing
this!?! Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Thanks.
Simon