Re: [LUG] LXF Replacement disc

Adam Latham wrote:
> Update on the Shockwave on Firefox (win32) under wine idea:
>
> Yup it works just fine!  A little slow on my Linux Box, but then it's a
> fairly low-spec machine and I'm trying to use as little non-OSS as
> possible (non-prop drivers for the ATI card etc).  Ubuntu 8.04 in case
> anyone was wondering.
>
> I reckon I could be dual-booting within the week, and converting
> daughters within the month!
>
> Think I'll disable the wireless on the Windoze partition and tell them
> they can only use Ubuntu for Internet access.  I reckon that should do
> the trick! lol!
>
> Thanks for the pointers.  I had tried this method on 7.04, but it wasn't
> happy about it so I'd kind of given up on it.  That'll teach me!
>
> Windoze Vista... possibly the greatest boost to Linux use ever.  It's
> like having a Linux installation (with all of it's quirks and
> workarounds) but paying a small fortune for the privilege.
>
> >From the use I've had on it, it's even more annoying (in the '..are you
> sure you want to do this?..' dialogue department) than XP.  Along with
> the '..You do not have sufficient administrator rights..' to do
> anything, even if you are the administrator, it's done wonders!

I get this on the XP install where I am on placement,  i can insert my
sd flash drive ok,,but can't click and safely remove cos I don't have
the correct admin rights to do so,  you would think if I can mount the
device i can unmount it,  i just unplug it, and click ok if windows
complains.  Not that it does.

I am saying mount as I don't know what it's called in windows,  when it
preps a device for use,  but as this feature is clearly not set up
properly, who cares,  Linux works, in this case,  windows fails, another
reason to use Linux.  I am aware there is no mount device in Windows,  I
just don't know the correct words to use.  If someone can help here, it
would be useful.  for future reference.

Paul