Re: [LUG] LXF Replacement disc

Update on the Shockwave on Firefox (win32) under wine idea:

Yup it works just fine!  A little slow on my Linux Box, but then it's a
fairly low-spec machine and I'm trying to use as little non-OSS as
possible (non-prop drivers for the ATI card etc).  Ubuntu 8.04 in case
anyone was wondering.

I reckon I could be dual-booting within the week, and converting
daughters within the month!

Think I'll disable the wireless on the Windoze partition and tell them
they can only use Ubuntu for Internet access.  I reckon that should do
the trick! lol!

Thanks for the pointers.  I had tried this method on 7.04, but it wasn't
happy about it so I'd kind of given up on it.  That'll teach me!

Windoze Vista... possibly the greatest boost to Linux use ever.  It's
like having a Linux installation (with all of it's quirks and
workarounds) but paying a small fortune for the privilege.

>>From the use I've had on it, it's even more annoying (in the '..are you
sure you want to do this?..' dialogue department) than XP.  Along with
the '..You do not have sufficient administrator rights..' to do
anything, even if you are the administrator, it's done wonders!

I still find it very funny that people dismiss Linux as being '..too
much hassle..' yet spend days trying to get their DSL and wireless to
work on Vista, having paid for it, and they accept this because you're
bound to have 'teething problems' with a 'cutting edge' OS!  Honestly!
That's what some IT 'professionals' have said to my rather smug
p***-taking about their attempts to run Vista and XP on the same
network, using the same methods, and failing miserably!

It kind of shows how far the indoctrination has gone!

Adam