[LUG] VMWare and Windows memory limit

Hi all,

I've seen a couple of posts regarding VMWare and I had a thought today.

When I eventually upgrade my PC I will still (regrettably) need Windows
installed.  However the new PC is likely to have more than 3Gb of RAM
which is the limit Windows XP will see.  I'm loathe to use Windows Vista
for many reasons, most notably the lousy performance compared to XP on
the same machine.

Question.  If I were to access Windows via a VMWare shell would it see
*and use* the entire memory, given that it's a shell running on top of
Linux?

Kind regards,

Julian