Re: [LUG] OT Free-sat

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 08:32 +0100, george wrote:
> I've been reviewing my TV aerial requirements to get the best digital
> reception and I noticed the blurb on free-sat TV.  As I see it I can get a
> satellite dish from Amazon for about £25, probably a satellite finder/signal
> strength meter for £9 and a freesat box from Argos for £50 which will give me
> 80 channels.  The box will probably come down in the next few months after
> volume sales.  And I can say goodbye to poor reception.
>
> Have I got this right?  Has anyone else tried this?
>
> George

George - I have another question related to yours, if anyone knows about
this ?

When we bought our house, the previous owners left behind their old Sky
box and satellite dish. We have never subscribed but, get some of the
free channels (I don't think we get as many as we would get with a
freesat box). I was wondering if there would be any benefits in us
upgrading the old box to a newer freesat one ?

Viv