Re: [LUG] Open Source applications for Windows

Paul Sutton wrote:
<snip>

>> Now if there was a Live CD (I wasn't sure if Ubuntu Christian Edition
>> was a LiveCD) which included DansGuardian (along with some sort of
>> update script) which ran from the CD and didn't touch the hard drive
>> (maybe offered some sort of saving favourites to an online service or
>> USB pen drive) then I would have recommended it.
>>
>> IIRC I heard of something similar but it was a paid for service or
>> something running on a Linux LiveCD which from what I could tell after a
>> Google search, disappeared into obscurity.
>>
> March 2008 ed of linux magazine has an article on  making your own Linux
> distro
> it may be worth seeing what can be created along these lines,   i had no
> idea it was internet safety week btw.
>
> Paul

There are a couple of programs available, Reconstructor for Ubuntu being
one of them and as far as I know there's something built into PCLinuxOS.

I just think now with lots of live Linux CD's just working, it would
make a great safe option for Windows users.

Rob