Re: [LUG] Asus eeePC

Paul Sutton wrote:
> Grant Sewell wrote:
>> On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 18:37:20 +0000
>> Simon Robert wrote:
>>

>> If eeeXandros is Debian based, could you not simply whack the
>> appropriate repositories into your sources.list and have things like
>> codecs etc at your fingertips?
>>
>> (Note that I've never tried cross-pollinating different Debian-based
>> distros.)
>>
>> Grant.
>>

> There is an article on doing this in the march 2008 issue of linux
> magazine,  i don't think its as easy as adding debian repositories to
> the sources.list file.   It seems as its running xandros many of the
> apps have been modified.
>
> paul

the answer is NO. the xandros .debs don't seem to be very happy with
ubuntu. however after switching back to eeexubuntu I managed with out
much difficulty to track down and install  (from .debs) all the hardware
stuff, like the webcam ans skype, so my eeepc is totally functional. I
miss some of the kde apps I'm used to, but until someone comes up with a
proper eeePClinuxOS this gnome stuff is fine...
--
Simon Robert
www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk