Re: [LUG] Open Source applications for Windows

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 00:34:48 +0000
Rob Beard wrote:

> Grant Sewell wrote:
> > On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 23:16:26 +0000
> > Neil Williams wrote:
> >
> >> ? How are you expecting to support Ubuntu on Windows ?
> >
> > VirtualBox "OSE" with a pre-installed Ubuntu virtual-machine image?
> >
> > Grant.
> >

> Actually VirtualBox OSE is probably a good one to link to, that is
> assuming it's possible to download the Open Source version of
> VirtualBox for Windows rather than just the proprietory version?
>
> Rob

<grumble>
I didn't realise the versions linked on their page weren't the OSE
edition.  Hmm... bit cheeky really as their "about the different
versions" page (http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Editions) clearly states:

"The VirtualBox Open Source Edition (OSE) is the one that has been
released under the GPL and comes with complete source code."

Surely, since they *only* provide the sources to the OSE edition it
*should* read "... is the one that has been released under the GPL and
comes *as* the complete source code."
</grumble>

Grant.