Re: [LUG] ***SPAM*** Re: PC sharing

Grant Sewell wrote:

> I toyed with the idea of opening up a port for IMAP access to make life
> easier, but I got playing around with a few different webmail apps and
> found "RoundCube" to be really quite good.  It doesn't (as far as I can
> tell) do filtering or processing, so I'm still trying to teach myself
> backend filtering (and relying on [Sylpheed-]Claws-Mail when I realise
> it hasn't worked), so keeping 443 available.
>
> I am also now toying with the idea of getting a second IP (Eclipse will
> let me have 2 static IPs for free), giving it a separate dyndns address
> and giving myself a bit more flexibility. :)
>
> Grant.

I've got 5 IP's (well 8, but only 5 useable) with Enta although I can't
seem to get them working with my Netgear DG834 router.  Sounds like the
multiple IP addresses would be ideal as you say with separate DynDNS
addresses, I could also then host more things from my connection (like
my webmail on one server and Anyterm on another machine over HTTPS.

Rob