Re: [LUG] ***SPAM*** Re: PC sharing

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 04:39:24PM +0000, Julian Hall wrote:
> Henry Bremridge wrote:
> > I would love to learn more about networking: in particular linking remote
> > offices (eg work and home)
> >
> > --
> > Henry
> > Wed Jan 23 15:17:24 GMT 2008
> >
> Regrettably I'm in Wales.  I have a pretty good grip on networking (I'd
> hope so having done ISP Tech Support for 6.5 years, 5 as a Senior ;)).
> I've also had my own home network for a few years, and in the first
> assignment I had in my current degree got a Distinction for my report on
> how to secure a small scale corporate network.
>
> What sort of content would you be wanting to see?  As you mention
> linking home and work I'm guessing VPN would be part of that?

My partner does quite a bit of office work at home and she is forever needing stuff
from her home machine on her work machine and v/v. At the moment she either uses a
usb stick or emails the files from one machine to another. Most seem inefficient.

I have been suggesting putty and will sit her down as soon as I can and show her how
it works but a networked connection would be much easier

Home: Ubuntu 7.10
Work: Some sort of Vista

--
Henry