Re: [LUG] Linux in Schools/Colleges/Unis - was: Why are there so few women in our LUG - does this indicate there are few female Linux users ?

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:45:53 +0000
Neil Winchurst <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

> But. obviously it *could* run Windows if I was ever stupid enough to
> install it. So are we (the people who built my machine and I)

You're talking out of context.  The license fees payable on hardware
that can _potentially_ run Windows apply to schools.  Even then, only
because the nit-wits that negotiated the contract failed to recognise
implications of the relevant clause.  If they had recognised the flaw,
we wouldn't be having this thread, since no fees would be payable.

It simply doesn't affect you or me, as individuals.  Well, other than
the fact that it's our taxes that pay for these fees.

> technically criminals?

No.

--
 Regards  _