Re: [LUG] OT now was Why are there so few women in our LUG - does this indicate there are few female Linux users ?

On Friday 18 January 2008 11:50, james kilty wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 22:47 +0000, Julian Hall wrote:
> >  It's
> > not from Star Trek, but that is the most common popular source for it to
> > be mentioned, other than the Back To The Future and Terminator Trilogies.
>
> My first forays into SF were with A E van Vogt - anyone remember the
> Weapon Shops series?
I remember EEDocSmith. The Lensman series - 7 books and over them the  weapons
became an order of magnitude more powerful with each chapter.
Unfortunately he used the 'indescribably ...' description on the first weapon
and was stuck with it for 7 volumes...
A sort of PDF adjective.....
Tom te tom te tom