Re: [LUG] Linux in Schools/Colleges/Unis - was: Why are there so few women in our LUG - does this indicate there are few female Linux users ?

Grant Sewell wrote:

> Oh, we have some "old" machines for them to work on.  Most of them have
> some severe problems - I've even had one which had a knackered VGA BIOS
> on the onboard display adaptor, only 2 PCI slots, both of which were
> needed.  Hmm.  Oh, and the College seem to have an agreement with Dell
> now, so we don't have "old machines" anymore. :(
>
> In the end I got them to install in a virtual machine on the laptops
> (since they're the more powerful machines we have around, at the
> moment), and then we were faced with how to get VirtualBox's tunnelled
> network interface to work when bridged to a wifi card. :s
>
> We're getting there... slowly.
>
> Grant.

Would the college allow you to take donations of old machines from LUG
members?

Just thinking, if we between us in the LUG could get some old P3 or
similar machines maybe a few of them could be re-used?

Rob