Re: [LUG] Why are there so few women in our LUG - does this indicate there are few female Linux users ?

Quoting james kilty <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

<snip>

> Now 4 on demand and BBC ... The 4oD message! Apparently I need XP, IE
> 5.5+ and WMP 10 or 11. I wonder why no-one is put off by the page on
> what to do if it doesn't work. I can play Flash at least.

This is where a MythTV box with a couple of tuners would be great.
Not only are you not using lots of bandwidth, you can get a better
quality DRM video at the end of it.

> On a different note, Classicfm wants me to use Mplayer.

As far as I'm aware all GCap Media* stations (Gemini FM, Plymouth
Sound, Classic FM, Gold etc) use Windows Media Encoders (it's a group
wide standard!).  If you have Ubuntu you can install the
mozilla-mplayer plugin, just remove the totem-mozilla plugin first.  I
can confirm this works on Ubuntu 7.10.

Rob

* I work for GCap Media although I don't really touch the web encoders
unless I really have to!