Re: [LUG] Why are there so few women in our LUG - does this indicate there are few female Linux users ?

Clare Shepherd wrote:

> It's just that guys have this way
> of excluding women and keeping the good stuff to themselves.

At the risks of prolonging the painful bit of the thread.

How do you think guys are excluding women from Linux?

What could we do better?

The bit I agree with Stinga on is that I don't think that IT is
specifically different from other areas of endeavour where gender biases
exist or develop.

Interestingly better educated fathers are one of the significant factors
identified in females taking up careers in engineering. So probably we
should be encouraging our daughters to experiment with software.
(Although I think genetics is a better career choice - knowing they
could write software or build a computer if they wanted to won't hurt a
child's development).