Re: [LUG] [Bulk] printer recomendation needed

Dave Morgan wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:43:13 +0000, Simon Avery
> <flash@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> viv wrote:
>>
>> Lexmark: Avoid. cheap, nasty and notoriously unfriendly to linux.
>> Seriously, walk past them quickly in the shops, don't even look at them.
>
> I have read that in a coupes of places now ... will avoid

That reminds me of one of the many reasons I was told to avoid them.
They aren't just unfriendly to Linux- they are unfriendly to windows as
well! My friend had one with his WinME computer (bought by his parents,
in his defence), who being slightly sane upgraded to XP at the first
opportunity, only to find that Lexmark were not (and still do not to
this day I think) making or even planning to make XP drivers for it.