Re: [LUG] [Bulk] printer recomendation needed

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 21:38 +0000, Dave Morgan wrote:
> Having order Mum's Xmas pressie (An Asus eee pc !!! - she has
> been going on about doing her family history research on the
> interweb for month's and I have already set up a Gmail account
> for her, but not told here about it yet), I am now looking for an
> after-xmas pressie -
>
> A Wireless all-in-one printer that works well with Linux and is
> not too expensive (< 200 quid).
>
> I was looking at the Lexmarks that Tesco sell
> http://direct.tesco.com/q/N.1999711$4294965650/Nr.99.aspx - most
> likely the X4850, but could find nothing on Google that said they
> worked with Linux.
>
> Any recommendation on printers to look at (or avoid)?
>
> Given that Mum can barely run the TV remote control, it is going
> to be an interesting Xmas :-)
>
> best regards
> Dave
> --
> http://www.morgad.co.uk/index.html
> DP: http://www.pgdp.net   NTP: http://www.pool.ntp.org
> L&B: http://www.lynton-rail.co.uk

I have always used an HP PSC 1410. It is fully supported under Ubuntu /
Kubuntu and I have never had a problem with any of it's functionality.
Connectivity wise, it is USB only - it is a printer, copier, scanner -
no fax.

There is a bigger, wireless model :

the HP Photosmart C6180 - Wireless Printer, Scanner, Copier & Fax.

I have not tried this myself so, you would need to check compatibility.