Re: [LUG] Identity theft

On 27/11/2007, Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 05:29:27PM +0000, Tom Potts wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 November 2007 15:21, Henry Bremridge wrote:
> > 3/ Annually check your statutory credit score. This costs £2 per agency and
> > there are three agencies in the UK: Experian, Equifax and Callcredit
> save money -apply for a large loan - if its accepted dont sign and your OK.

I'm not sure if you are serious, but just in case someone actually
decides to follow this advice...

Applying for a loan will generate a credit check which can look bad
especially if you fail it.  Also obtaining a loan is no indication
of good credit, especially in this era of cheap and easy credit.

It doesn't sound worth £6 a year.

Do you need to get a credit check from all 3 agencies? I'd imagine just one would suffice. You can get it done for free by Experian but you have to remember to cancel it within 30 days or they'll charge you £5.99 a month or something stupid. That said, if anyone got credit using my details I'd be very surprised!
Jason