Re: [LUG] Changing Topics

Julian Hall wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Quick question/request.  I follow topics on the mailing list by
> threading them in Thunderbird., possibly not the only one to do this.
>
> Could I please ask that if you intend starting a totally different topic
> that you begin a fresh email instead of replying to a mail and changing
> the topic?  It makes threads very hard to follow and several times I
> have ignored threads beginning with a topic I am not interested in only
> to find it changed later on.

Seconded.

It is part of the existing email etiquette for the list - as is
*snipping irrelevant content*. Please, when replying to an email, think
before you click Send and delete things like the old signature, content
that doesn't apply to your comment and unwanted cruft at the top of the
message added by previous respondents.

http://www.dcglug.org.uk/wiki/?id=email+etiquette

--

Neil Williams