Re: [LUG] Identity theft

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 06:09:24PM +0000, Jason Witcher wrote:

> Do you need to get a credit check from all 3 agencies? I'd imagine just one
> would suffice. You can get it done for free by Experian but you have to
> remember to cancel it within 30 days or they'll charge you £5.99 a month or
> something stupid. That said, if anyone got credit using my details I'd be
> very surprised!
> Jason

The problem is that the agencies get their data from different places, and supply
their data to different buyers. I believe the biggest two are Experian and Equifax.
Again with my mother I found the problem on I think on Experian but not on Equifax.

If you are worried about your credit rating, or about identity theft in general then
I believe £2 pa is worth it. £4 is better and £6 is the Government recommended level

Yes, when I checked yesterday all the agencies had "free" schemes, introductory
schemes etc etc.

--
Henry
Wed Nov 28 06:20:03 GMT 2007