Re: [LUG] TV Licensing

Paul Sutton wrote:
> I think so yes, as in effect a tv card is a colour television
> reciever,    while I am guessing this applies to desktops,  what happens
> if you have a laptop and usb reciver,  and watch tv in other locations
>
> What about just a USB receiver  unit
>
> Paul
According to that definition that would be a TV receiver owned and
operated by you, regardless of location (otherwise portable/hand-held
TVs would not be covered).

I'm not referring to that though.  I'm talking about watching, for
example, the BBC News items on their website.  All that needs is the
right plugin.  No actual TV receiver hardware at all, which AFAIK is
what the license is supposed to be for.  It doesn't mention TV receiving
software.

Kind regards,

Julian