Re: [LUG] TV Licensing

Dave Berkeley wrote:
> I'm not the only one then. I just throw their letters in the bin unopened
> these days. I've not had a TV for over 10 years, but have been sent streams
> of threatening letters accusing me of being a criminal and lying to them.
> Very offensive. There is nowhere on the form to put "I don't have a ***ing
> TV".
>
> What is the correlation between using Linux and not having a TV then?  Must be
> high on this group.

What's this I heard recently that they're going to demand you pay a TV
license for a computer, as it is now possible to view TV Programmes (or
at least some content) as streaming media over the internet?

Since it is a license to 'operate a colour television receiver' would
they have a leg to stand on?

Kind regards,

Julian