Re: [LUG] TV Licensing

Don't get me started on TV Licencing !

I am one of the apparently few people in this country that don't watch
TV but I kept getting threatening emails from TV Licencing saying I
would be visited and questioned under caution re PACE 1984

In the end I rang the TV Licencing people , spoke to a supervisor and
put a verbal rocket up his ass !

I told them that I considered their letters to constitute harassment and
that if I received any further letters, having duly notified them of my
not having a TV, I would take legal action.

It has been blissfully peaceful since then, not even a visit from a
licence inspector to verify my assertion of not having a tv.

Btw, are people aware that TV licence inspectors only have an implied
right of entry to your home ?

You can lawfully refuse them entry and make them return with a lawfully
executed search warrant.

Sorry for the rant but I hate jumped-up snotty little oiks that think
they can push people around :-)