Re: [LUG] TV Licensing

Steph Foster wrote:
> I told them that I considered their letters to constitute harassment and
> that if I received any further letters, having duly notified them of my
> not having a TV, I would take legal action.

What gets me is that I have to ring an 0870 number to tell them I don't
have a TV. Firstly, I shouldn't have to contact them at all. Secondly, I
shouldn't have to ring them. Thirdly, I shouldn't have a ring an 0870
number. Forthly, I especially shouldn't have to ring an 0870 number
because I'm a student and like most students don't have a landline. Why
can't they have a form on their website. In the end I emailed them and
they apparently updated my details for me.

> Btw, are people aware that TV licence inspectors only have an implied
> right of entry to your home ?
> You can lawfully refuse them entry and make them return with a lawfully
> executed search warrant.

Ooo. That's worth knowing. They did say that someone will visit to check
up on me. Would that apply to University Halls though?