[LUG] Ubuntu Debian

Hi

I run both Ubuntu and Debian.  I am having some minor problems with the
ubuntu upgrade on my lappy.  The good news is the Tablet Pen now just
works, the bad news is the Wireless Network does not, and I so far have
got no where.  (Looking at the Ubuntu forums I do not appear to be the
only one who has lost their wireless on upgrade!)

I was thinking of loading Debian on my Lappy, but is there any point?  I
thought (think) that Ubuntu is based on Debian, so if ubuntu is not
working, Debian will not either.

Thanking you in advance

Peter