Re: [LUG] HTML and tabs

Thanks to the two Williamses for reminding us of the nuisance value of
source-specified new windows, and also of two reasonable uses for them,
which I'd support.  Thanks too for reminding me of the uses of the middle
button!

May I add: don't specify a new window if the page cited contains links
(direct or moderately indirect) back to the citing page.  Obvious why.

Frames make /precise/ citations of material on framed pages difficult or
impossible.  I am currently muttering against a couple of sites that have
become hard to link to because their editors have just /started/ using
frames!  Maybe this shows a certain modesty, in that they think nobody
will want to cite their stuff :-)

BTW : Is there any chance in the nearish future of consigning target="..."
to Room 101 along with <frameset> and <font> ?

Regards, John
--
John Palmer
Preston near Weymouth, Dorset, England