Re: [LUG] HTML and tabs

http://www.codehelp.co.uk/html/deprecated.html

> Incidentally the book where I read that also gave a work-around using
> javascript, using an existing script.

Don't use javascript either - it impairs accessibility. I think you
should consider getting a better book. ;-)

http://www.dcglug.org.uk/linux_doc/library.php?filter=2&terms=web+design#book8

work-around == hack, don't use them. Do it properly.

Javascript has a limited role even in strict HTML4 - it is NOT suitable
as a work-around for bad HTML.

> I can go along with you re frames, but why do you want to get rid of
> the various font tags>

It isn't Richard or me getting rid of <font>, it is the W3C. <font>
WILL disappear. Don't use it. There are plenty of other tags that are
of no use in new code.

http://www.codehelp.co.uk/html/css.html

HTML is usually done very, very badly. That is no excuse for writing
new sites that use deprecated tags or dirty-hack workarounds. All HTML
should validate and should aim to be strict HTML4 where possible.

http://www.codehelp.co.uk/html/html4.html

http://validator.w3.org/

--

Neil Williams