Re: [LUG] getgnulinux.org

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Matt Lee wrote:

> Then you're a menace to the free software community. I don't want
>  to be associated with you.

Really, that's lovley.  That's exactly the way to get more people using
free software.  Let's be hostile to anyone who doesn't subscribe to using
100% free software everywhere.

I'd like to echo Aaron's sentiments about the reason we started this
group.

I like free software, but only when it's good.  There's a lot of crap out
there and sometimes there are better non-free alterntives.  If I want I
can try and help improve that sofware, and that's good but I'm not about
to get all shirty with someone because they're using the non free option.
I try and use as much free software as possible but I'm not going to get
hung up about helping my sister out with her Windows laptop.

This sums up why I personally don't choose call it GNU/Linux.  It's not
that I don't think the GNU software is an important part of the whole,
it's that I think the GNU zealotry does more harm than good.

Alex.