Re: [LUG] TV tuners

Simon Waters wrote:

> I'm curious as to what proportion of people, if any, get flawless
> freeview reception, I'm guessing few if any given what I'm reading.
> Presumably those in Honiton should be getting good reception.

I'm at Hennock, between Dartmoor and Haldon.  Signal is marginal at best.

According to the websites' postcode checkers, I can't get it. However,
they lie. I've done the checking and we have two aerials - both > 20m
away (Torbay, and one at the eastern fringes of Devon). We also have a
booster at Chudleigh. I can only get any reception if I point it at none
of these!  I guess there's a lot of hill bouncing going on in the Teign
Valley...

Anyway - since adding a new aerial and a masthead booster (20dba) the
signal is much better. Also adding a further in-line normal booster
(7dba) has helped.

Anyone else noticed a worsening of signal starting friday night and
continuing through sunday evening?