Re: [LUG] TV tuners (mythtv, knoppmyth coments)

mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Myth refused to detect any of the hardware. (Twinhan, Huappuage and
>> Avermedia) Likewise the myth bootable cd - knopmyth?
> Wow! Really?

Well, to be fair - the Hauppuage was a new Win-TV model, the Avermedia
has serious bugs with it (breaks recording, very slow channel change,
bad signal detection/holding) and the Twinhan is the USB "Magic Box"
that has caused so many woes, mainly from crap drivers even under
Windows - and it also hangs randomly.

So maybe I'm a little unfair in my choice of hardware :)

> I am not so sure about the pci recommendation but only go for those
> cards/dongles that are on the "tier 1" list on knoppmyth, this goes for
> motherboards as well, unless you are prepared to play.

Good point, I guess you mean in relation to onboard sound support for
the motherboard etc?

Out of interest, is anyone using a non-pci freeview tuner under linux
which doesn't suck?

--
Simon Avery