Re: [LUG] TV tuners

On Sunday 06 August 2006 13:06, Simon Waters wrote:

> I'm curious as to what proportion of people, if any, get flawless
> freeview reception, I'm guessing few if any given what I'm reading.
> Presumably those in Honiton should be getting good reception.

We get perfect FreeView reception on all channels.  Had to change the rooftop
aerial as it was made in Spain and the connector box mounted on it wasn't
Devon climate proof.  Apart from a new tail into the loft booster box we are
still using the old coax cable.  The new cable, according to the aerial
rigger, merely has an extra foil screen which is essential if there is a lot
of nearby electrical interference.

Aerials in the loft are not recommended, a wet surface can cause a big
difference in signal strength.

I'm told that reception is good in Holdsworthy, but generally speaking, in
Hatherleigh half a mile from me; reception is generally speaking very patchy.
--
W. Devon