Re: [LUG] Databases again

Neil Winchurst wrote:

> The program seems to run just fine. Looking at folder /root, it is a
> locked folder, so mysql running as an ordinary user couldn't use it
> anyway, so I expect I got that bit wrong.

"/root" is the root users home directory.

Either way nothing should be installed into "/" for packages like MySQL.

My guess is that perhaps you ran an install as root, and relocated the
package to the wrong place (i.e. into the current users home directory).

I doubt Mandriva is doing this by default, and if it is, it is time to
switch distros already ;)